Friday, March 27, 2009

It is Strep...

Last night was a little nerve-racking for me and I am glad the night is over. Eli's fever got as high as 104.5 under his arm - which as you know you are supposed to add .5 to .8 degrees to the temp you get under the arm. He was shivering with the chills and felt like he was on fire. You could feel the heat coming off of him if you stood close to him. I would put a cool cloth on his head and within two minutes the cloth would be warm. It took the motrin an hour and a half to bring the fever down to 103.6. We alternated motrin and tylenol every three hours and by this morning when we got to the Dr. his temp was 98.3 - finally!!

They did a strep and flu test and fortunately it is strep!! That means he got an antibiotic shot and prescription for a Z-pack so he should be good soon. Now if we can just keep the other two from getting it. I just hate it when my kiddos are sick. They are so pitiful and as a Mom you just wish it was you not them.

This means that Eli will miss his first two soccer games for the spring season, however they may be rained out anyway. I guess we will have to wait and see.

4 comments:

  1. so glad it's just strep!! I'll be praying that no one else gets it! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shot should have him feeling better soon.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like strep really likes our babies! I hope he is feeling better soon. Love you all.

    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to change tooth brushes!

    ReplyDelete