Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Great Morning

This morning was wonderful if I may say so. On Tuesday and Thursday, Eli rides the bus because I have to take Jill to Mom's Day Out. He leaves on these days at 6:45. With the time change, Jill and Luke slept until 7:30! This meant that I had enough time to have a really good quiet time this morning! My day always goes so much better when I have that time alone with my Jesus before the day really gets started!! Thank you Lord for guarding that time for me today!

On that note, I recently started a new Bible study, Creative Correction. I have read the book several times and I love it. It is by Lisa Welchel - Blair from the Facts of Life. I haven't had the opportunity to do the Bible study until now and so far it is really good. You know, as a mom, I often feel overwhelmed and inadequate for the daunting task before me - raising 2 Godly little boys and 1 Godly little girl. I am so glad that God's word reminds me that He is able and He is faithful (II Timothy 1:12). I have made James 1:20 my goal in dealing with my children and it is a tough one - "The anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." And when I remember this verse I have to also remember verse 19 of the same chapter that says, "Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger..." Boy, can that be a tough one some days!! It definitely helps when I can start each day off like I was able to today!

"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord." Isaiah 54:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment