Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Busy Weekend

We had a fun yet busy weekend this past weekend! It all started Friday morning with my Mom's group meeting. I am the childcare coordinator for this wonderful group of Moms but that also comes with a lot of preparation. I have a great group of ladies who watch our children while we Moms get together and have some girl time without the kiddos interrupting every few seconds. Anyway, that meeting was from 9-11:30. Although my part started at 8:00 so everything would be ready when the children arrived. My part also doesn't end until everyone is gone and everything is cleadned up. So at 12:10, I was on my way home. Then it was lunch and nap for Luke. While Luke napped my sitter, who was actually watching my friend Angela's kids, came to sit at my house with all three kids. Thanks Ang for sharing!! Jill and I headed out to a birthday party at Jumping Jacks. That lasted until 3, then we were back home in time to get Luke up from his nap. We had a great Friday evening grilling out steaks with Dad and just enjoying some family time.

Then Saturday morning hit and it all went crazy busy from there!! Eli had soccer pictures at 7:50 am and a soccer game at 9. After the game we loaded up and headed to Tuscaloosa for the Blue Angels air show. This makes our fifth time seeing the Blues and they are the most amazing thing I think I have ever seen!!! The traffic and shuttle (school) bus into the show took a lot of time and patience, which my children have very little of, however we did make it to the show with about an hour to spare. Turns out an hour to spare with little ones isn't always a good thing! Anyway the show was amazing, the 3.5 mile walk back to the car - not so amazing. Jamie & I did it, with three kids in tow in just over an hour. I'd say that is pretty good. Jamie did most of the walk with either Jill or Luke on his shoulders and I pushed the other in the stroller. Eli walked with me and probably could have run a 5K when we finished. Where does he get that energy?? Remember, he'd already played a soccer game that morning. Here are a few pics from the day.


Notice the earplugs - they didn't last long with this one! Oh well, I tried and here is the proof!
Checking out one of the planes on display.

Posing with Uncle John. We just don't get to see him enough!

Jill and her Daddy taking in the show.

We headed back to Chelsea and made it just in time for baths and bed. Then Sunday, we started all over again. Eli had two soccer games in Tuscaloosa so we loaded up the Surburban and headed back to T'town in the rain. It was a couple of wet, muddy games but we are happy to report that we won them both. Aunt Leesa was able to come out and watch Eli play and as always we love a chance to see her. She stays so busy with school so we will take any chance we get!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment