Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All I Want for Christmas is Well Children!

I considered not even blogging about this but then I remembered that one of the reasons I blog is for my kiddos. Instead of scrapbooking, I blog so that one day they can look back and see important things that were going on in our lives. And for Jill this has been a very challenging time to say the least! Months ago this journey began with strep throat and I breathed a sigh of relief because we all know how easy that is to treat and how quickly little ones are on the mend. However, the relief was short lived when two weeks later we were back at the Dr. with another sore throat. This time the strep was negative but her tonsils were a mess, so they called it tonsilitis, gave us meds and sent us home. After a couple of days the fever subsided but only for two days. Then, while still on the antibiotic, the fever returned and Jill's tonsils still looked, well, NASTY! Fortunately, this happened on a weekday, not a Sunday, and we were able to see our pediatrician. She did blood work, strep test, and mono test - diagnosis... mono! Little did I know how TERRIBLE a diagnosis this would be, especially as we were entering the fall/winter months! Since that diagnosis, Jill has had another round of strep, two tummy bugs, walking pneumonia, and today - influenza type B! Poor thing has already missed 7 days of school this nine week period and will miss this entire week! I was so excited when she made it to school everyday last week but that excitement was short lived.

Friday begins Christmas break for us and I am so glad that I will have all my kiddos home with me. As for Jill, her Christmas break began this past Friday as the Dr. doesn't want her back at school before Friday (and I don't want her to go Friday just to pick up another illness!). While they are all home, I hope to get them all well before I have to send them back to that germ-infested place called school in January. I think they each may find Airborn and vitamins in their stockings this year :)!

Wishing you all a germ-free, fever-free, doctor's office free Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment