Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We're Going to Disney World!

I am not sure who is more excited, Jamie and I or the kiddos!! We were going to keep it a secret until the week before we go, however Jamie and I were so excited to tell them we just could not wait. Because this is their first time to go to Disney, we decided to make it special when we told Eli & Jill. We came up with a scavenger hunt and after their favorite dinner of lasagna - we gave them the first clue. The clues took them all around the house with their final clue leading them to a suitcase filled with Disney "stuff," mock plane tickets, and the final clue which read,

"There's Mickey, a princess, tickets and more...

What do you think we have in store?

Tell Mom and Dad, now tell them quick.

Keeping it a secret is making them sick!!!"

It took Eli a minute but he did figure it out. They were jumping around and shouting, "We're flying to Disney, we're flying to Disney!!" I'm not sure if they are more excited about flying or Disney but it was definitely the reaction I was hoping for! Here are a few pics of them looking for their clues and the reaction at the end.







3 comments:

  1. I know ya'll are excited! David and I are going in September and we can not wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going? I am jealous. Hope you have a wonderful time.
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going June 25! We cannot wait! We had to strat a count down calendar for Jill or I would have to hear everyday - "Are we going today, Mom?"

    ReplyDelete