Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pre-Peachtree Pic

So as most of you know I ran the Peachtree on the 4th of July in downtown Atlanta. It was an amazing experience and I cannot wait to do it again next year. Thank you to all of you who prayed for a pleasant day for us, it was great. The humidity was low and the temperatures were quite pleasant. I didn't even break a sweat until we were about three miles into the race. I ran with my "training buddy" and great friend Angela Laughlin as well as a great friend of mine that was our neighbor in South Carolina, Tiffany. Tiffany now lives in Alpharetta so she let Angela and I stay with her the night before the race. On race day we had to ride the Marta, new experience for me, into downtown so we carried only the bare essentials. This meant that we had no camera...so the only pic I have to post is one that was made in Tiffany's driveway at about 5:00am Eastern time, 4am my time!!! Although half asleep we were excited to get on the way!!! We plan on making this an annual tradition so if any of you would like to join us next year, we'd love to have you on our "team."

No comments:

Post a Comment